PAGES

Microbead Mani

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Remember back in March when I talked about the Caviar Manicure and how I couldn't wait to try it?  Well it finally became available at Sephora, but when it came down to it I really couldn't justify paying $25 for the kit.  I've been really into DIY projects lately, so that combined with my Pinterest obsession lead to my discovery of a more affordable way to try out this trend.  Instead of using the pricy stuff from Ciaté, I used Recollections brand microbeads that I got from Michaels for $3.99! They had shelves filled with all different colors, so I will definitely be making another trip back to grab some more.

Before starting, I prepped my nails with a nail strengthener and a base coat, and made sure I had my topcoat all ready for afterwards.


I only wanted to do an accent nail with the microbeads this first time, so for the other nails I chose a color that would pair well with it.  I used Essie's Little Brown Dress and Antique Copper microbeads.


After doing two coats of the polish, quickly dip your nail into the microbeads while it's still wet.  Flatten down the beads with your finger and gently wipe away any excess ones that have gathered around the edges or on top.  I didn't put a topcoat over this nail, but you can for extra durability.  


And, voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code