PAGES

Monday Mantra: Love Your Imperfections

Monday, April 30, 2012


I had some time to kill before work yesterday so I stopped into Barnes & Noble and found myself wandering towards the self help section.  Among the many "how to quit smoking" and "why you are the way you are" books, I noticed one called "Beautiful You".  I didn't read any of it but it did catch my attention, as I never would have even thought that people would consult a book to cope with self-esteem issues.

It's really disheartening how so many people have such a negative self image these days.  It reminds me of a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt that my friend Michelle once told me and has always stuck:

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent".  

Why should anyone's perception of you be any reason to feel pity on yourself?  It shouldn't.  Everyone  has something about themselves they wish they could change.  But the truth is, these little imperfections are what make you different.  From the big ears that your mom promised you'd grow into, to the freckles on your cheeks that your grandma proclaimed "give you character". I know it's cliché and it's not what you want to hear, but I'm not going to tell you that you can somehow magically change the way you look.  The only thing to do is to love your imperfections & embrace your flaws. Because what may seem like the worst quality to you, just might be what will make somebody fall head over heels. Happy Monday :)

Photos: 1

3 comments:

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code